The idea of creating a web page to show the work that we do to give back seemed a little audacious and a bit too, “Hey look at us, aren’t we great” but I think its important that people know what really makes me (and this business) tick. I also want to give everyone the opportunity to join us in our projects. I am a Christian and that world view does play a great deal into who I am and what I do and how I run my business. That being said, I do not see this website (nor this business) as a platform for me to preach my world view, nor do I want to force it on anyone else, I simply share so you know where I am coming from. If you want to know more, simply ask; everyone has their own unique perspective on life and thats part of the fun of diversity. Additionally.. I believe that it is important to give back, not when it is convenient, but when you are called to; not when it feels good, but when it is needed. – Dave Bigler
The following are things that we do as a business to give back:
- 12% to charity. For every dollar of profit that we collect, we give 12% back.
- Donated Time. We have donated nearly 1,490 hours to support local causes around the capital district.
- Missions Work. We volunteer our services to help benefit local and international missions organizations. In 2015 we traveled to Guatemala, in 2016 we traveled to Haiti and in 2017 we will be traveling back to both Guatemala and Haiti.
Profits Given to Charity
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
~ Winston Churchill
Hours Donated in Local Service
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” ~ Zig Ziglar
Port-au-Prince, Haiti – 2016
Port au Prince Haiti
“He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” ~ Jim Elliot
In the winter of 2016 Dave joined a missions group headed to Port au Prince Haiti. The purpose of the trip was support to several Haitian ministry partners including Fishers of Men Haiti and His Home For Children. Dave was brought on the trip to document both photo and video on behalf of Grace Fellowship Church who organized the trip. To see the full gallery of photos on facebook: goo.gl/Jzpazf
San Andres, Peten, Guatemala – 2015
“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
In the winter of 2015 Dave joined a group providing support to a school in the Peten jungle region of Guatemala. The school is run by a Christian organization Hearts in Action. Dave was brought on the trip to capture photos and to create several promotional videos supporting Grace Fellowship Church’s missions program. View all the photos from this trip on facebook: https://goo.gl/cTWPSC
Double H Ranch – On Going…
Double H Ranch is one of our favorite places on earth. This amazing camp is devoted to giving children dealing with life-threatening illnesses the joy of simply being a kid again! No longer are they “different,” or “special needs;” at Double H a kid can be a kid! Bonus, there is no fee to the camper nor their family to come to Double H Ranch. If you have never been, you really need to check out this amazing place. Word of warning (your first visit to the camp you will realize how much you personally take for granted and how precious the small smiles and laughs in life really are worth! For more visit: http://www.doublehranch.org/
February 2017 – Guatemala City, Guatemala – Fully Funded!
In February Dave and Juan are going to be traveling to Guatemala City, Guatemala to produce a promotional video for a not-for-profit school to help generate awareness and support both locally as well as internationally. Thanks to awesome support from our clients, friends and family this trip has been fully paid for through great support. THANK YOU!
March 2017 – Port-au-Prince, Haiti – Need support!
In March, Dave and Cilicia will be headed back to Port-au-Prince, Haiti. This time the focus of the trip is medical support for the orphanages and medical facilities in Haiti. Cilicia (Dave’s wife) is a Nurse Anesthetist and will be joining several other Doctors and medical personnel. Dave will be going on the trip to photograph the experience (and to support his wife)! We still need to raise $1,548 for this trip. Please join us in this awesome endeavor! (see below for ways to give support)
port au prince haiti
People that have given!
Percent of Needed Funds Raised. Please Join Us!
Dollars still Needed!
Please join us!
If you would like to partner with us you can do so in several ways:
- Join our Newsletter. Simply email email@example.com asking to be added to our newsletter. We send out periodic updates on our projects and what is going on.
- Social Support / Spread the Word. We post info about our trips to our Facebook Page as well as Instagram feed. “Like Us” and “follow us” on those channels and share our updates through your social media channels to increase awareness of what is going on.
- Pray! Prayer goes a long way, and we could use as much prayer support as we can get.
- GIVE MONEY. We volunteer our services to the organizations that we support, as such, we need to raise all the funds to pay for each trip we go on. If you would like to give $30 – or $300 everything helps!
- TO SUPPORT FINANCIALLY: Please use Pay Pal and send a ‘Money Transfer to a Friend.’ Use Dave@DaveBigler.com as the email address to send the funds to.
- NOTE: please include in the pay pal transfer if there is something specific you would like the funds to go towards (Ex: Haiti 2017 missions trip). If you would like us to go through the process of sending you a tax free donation receipt please let us know that and include your mailing address and full legal name. Depending on which organization we are going through the tax receipt will be from that organization, not from Bigler. Please also know that once the funds are given we can not give any refunds. If for some reason we end up not being able to go on a trip 100% of the funds given will go to the foreign organization we were going to support.